Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Alabaster Box




The room grew still as she made her way to Jesus while she stumbled through the tears that made her blind.  She felt so much pain and some spoke in anger as she heard folks whispering, " There is no place for her kind!"  But still she came through the shame that flushed her face until at last she knelt before His feet.  Although she spoke no words everything she said was heard as she poured her love for the Master from her box of alabaster.

I have come as well to pour my praise on Him like oil from Mary's alabaster box.  Don't be angry if I wash His feet with my tears and I dry them with my hair.  You weren't there the night He found me, you did not feel what I felt when He wrapped His love all around me.  You don't know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box.  I will not forget the way my life used to be.  I was a prisoner to the sins that had me bound .  I was spending all my days pouring my life without measure into a little treasure box I thought I'd found until the day my Jesus came to me!  He healed my soul with the wonder of His touch!  So now I'm giving back to Him all the praise He is worthy of!  I have been forgiven and that's why I love Him so much .   You will never know the cost of my praise and you will never know the cost of my oil in my alabaster box!



No comments:

Post a Comment